Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Welcome to my blog


Welcome to my blog. I look forward to sharing my various interests with you all. I have a webpage www.yoursmineandhers.com  with my two daughters and we have a wide range of interest in recycling and repurposing unique items from clothing to hardware. We are a family of do-it-yourselfers and crafters and enjoy finding new uses for things old and new. I love the feeling I get when I take an unused shelf board and make myself a laptop desk for my recliner. Or cut a cardboard cereal box into a holder for my many quilting magazines.  I have been at a sewing machine since I was a child and really get into making something different from a retired piece of  clothing. (See the picture above of the purse/bag I made from a thrift store sports coat.) I plan on making some potholders soon for use in our newly remodled kitchen and look forward to trying a new pattern I have in mind. Picture to follow when I get the project started. My time revolves around the care of 2 wonderful great grandsons and a summer full of activies so my post may be sporatic for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. Looks good, Mom! Look forward to seeing more!XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is so sharp. It would be an awesome interview bag with all the tailored features. Great job mom! Ipad would fit with interview folder room for sure! And for those who do not need it for a formal event - an overnight bag it could be! What a great vintage look and adorable with a suit or jeans. Really versatile Mom, and such a great way to repurpose and reuse!! You constantly impress me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee. I have some more sports coats to work into bags when time allows!

      Delete