Friday, October 26, 2012


Recycled Brown Bag

For my great grandson's birthday present (I actually do this for all childrens gift's, just something I have learned oner the years) I took it out of the packaging and was looking around the closet for a gift bag to slip it into and OOPS!  None of the ones I had  was large enough.....what to do????
Well I love to recycle and I love brown paper bags so I grabbed my stamps and ink pad and paper punch. 
I used another bag to tear and glue a cover over the printing on the front of my "new" bag.
The "Owl" motif  has been his talisman since before he was born so I have several stamps and punches just for him!
 His room is decorated in greens, leaves and feathered friends, mostly owls.
I traced the owl pattern (that had from making his bed skirt) onto a page from an old music book.
The owl's eye lids were a hit for tiny fingers.
I squeezed in a little crafting before the partyand not another package looked anything like this one from great grandma!







1 comment:

  1. Why spend money on wrapping paper! This is so much more personal...and the decorating possibilities are endless!
    Recycling at it's best!!

    ReplyDelete