Saturday, August 25, 2012

Another Pillow Sham Converted

A bath mat seems just right for this one. I have sewn the buttons on with my machine to save a lot of time and my hands! I dabbed the front and back of the button stitches with Fray Check to reinforce. Clear glue would work too.
All the buttons are from my collection gathered over the years. Loved remembering my Mom while I was searching through them and sorting for the exact ones. It is amazing how many of her sewing notions I still have............ I would use this for a rug beside her bed if she were still with me!
She would say " Oh! That is too pretty to put my feet on!" And I would tell her "Nothing is too pretty for your feet to step on." 
I miss her very much and I have wonderful memories that are such a comfort.
 
 
 
BTW  The lace medallions are available on our web site!
 


1 comment:

  1. Wow - This is beautiful. I think I would agree with Grandma...too pretty to step on. Sure would be pretty on the dining room table with a fall center piece. Love the combination of medallions, buttons and bows.

    ReplyDelete