Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Shams

Just had to share something with you. I came across a couple of odd (1 of a kind) pillow shams the other day (thrift store of course) and thought there must be something I could use them for. They were barely used and were very pretty. One a lovely blue/green floral print and one a beautiful creamy yellow.
I took them home and moved them around my sewing room for a couple of weeks.
Finally decided to sew the opening closed on the floral one and use it as a changing pad on top of the quilt on my bed where I change my great grandson.
I love it! 
He has long out grown the little ones I used when he was a newborn. With all his squirming and rolling around it was just what I needed!







Well, I don't know where I like the yellow one best.... Table topper, bath mat, sewing machine cover... the choices seem endless now that I have gotten started.



Happy thrift store shopping!








1 comment:

  1. Floral one looks like a great changing pad! I think with the texture on the yellow one, it would make a great bath mat. Did or will you quilt either of these?

    ReplyDelete